What is this type of insurance?
Healing Without Borders Insurance is the new name of Best Doctors. The insurance provides coverage for treatment in the world's leading clinics and can be taken out individually, as a family or in groups (usually on a list with the Insurance Employer). The insurance provides access to the best medical facilities abroad and medical care at the highest level, covering costs and support from a relative of the patient throughout the treatment period.
What does the insurance cover?
The insurance covers the following diseases and medical procedures:
- cancer treatment - any malignant tumor, including leukemia, sarcoma and lymphoma; any cancer "in situ" that is limited to the epithelium;
- coronary artery bypass surgery - the operation is performed on the recommendation of a cardiologist;
- replacement or reconstruction of a heart valve - replacement or restoration of one or more heart valves on the recommendation of a cardiologist;
- organ transplantation from living donors - any brain surgery and treatment of benign tumors located in the spinal cord;
- intracranial surgery and specific spinal cord surgery;
- bone marrow transplantation - bone marrow transplantation of peripheral blood stem cells from bone marrow cells originating from the Insured or a compatible living donor.
The insurance reimburses and covers:
- costs up to EUR 1,000,000 for one year of insurance coverage and up to EUR 2,000,000 for the entire term of the insurance;
- performing examinations by doctors, established specialists in their field around the world and obtaining a second medical opinion;
- Treatment or surgery in specialized medical institutions around the world;
- the travel expenses of the insured and one accompanying person;
- accommodation costs during treatment abroad;
- repatriation costs;
- choice of medical institution;
- expenses for medicines purchased on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria after treatment of a covered disease in the amount of EUR 50,000 for the entire period of the insurance;
- daily allowance for hospital stay - 100 euros per day (for a period of 60 days).