What is this type of insurance?
Medical insurance for foreigners residing in Bulgaria is mandatory for all short-term or long-term foreign nationals residing in the country. It is concluded by virtue of the Ordinance on the General Terms and Conditions, the minimum sum insured, the minimum insurance premium and the procedure for concluding compulsory medical insurance for foreigners residing in the Republic of Bulgaria for a short or long time or transiting through the country. / 2005
What coverage does the insurance offer?
The insurance covers all necessary expenses incurred by the insured or by a medical institution for treatment and hospital stay in case of sudden, unexpected, unforeseen illness, illness or accident and dental care in case of urgent emergencies during the validity of the insurance contract.
The main coverage includes:
- medical expenses for treatment and hospital stay in case of sudden, unexpected, unforeseen illness, illness or accident, including transport costs for accommodation or relocation;
- medical expenses for emergency dental care.
Additional coverage may include:
- death of the Insured as a result of an accident;
- repatriation of a sick person;
- repatriation of mortal remains;
- daily allowance for hospital stay.
According to the Ordinance, the minimum insurance amount is BGN 60,000. The service of the insured persons is carried out on a restorative principle, except in the cases of urgent hospital treatment.