As a result of their professional or commercial activity, each person is associated with certain risks and the possibility of harming contractors, service users or other third parties. Professional liability insurance can be widely used and covered.
What is this type of insurance?
Professional liability insurance covers damages caused by the insured to third parties as a result of non-fulfillment of his obligations in the exercise of a certain profession or provision of a certain type of professional service for which the insured has the relevant legal capacity.
The coverage includes the civil liability of the insured for the property and non-property damages caused to third parties during or on the occasion of carrying out activity:
- liability of the notary - the liability of the insured in his capacity of notary, assistant notary, trainee notary, employee of the notary office, for the property damages caused by him in connection with the performance of his professional duties (incl. negligence, error) , omission), according to the Law on Notaries and Notarial Activities Ordinances of the Notary Chamber. The insurer is also responsible for all costs of settling claims made with his consent, and the limits agreed in the policy include the costs of settling claims;
- liability of lawyers - the object of insurance is the liability of the insured for property damages caused by him to third parties, arising from or in connection with breach of his professional duties (including negligence, error, omission), according to the Law on Advocacy and the Ordinance of the Supreme bar council;
- liability of expert accountants, supervisors, conservators, trustees, liquidators, procurators, appraisers - the object of insurance are the amounts that the insured in his capacity as a certified public accountant, supervisor, conservator, trustee in bankruptcy, liquidator, procurator, appraiser is responsible to pay in connection with claims arising from breach of his professional duties due to negligence, error or omission;
- liability of doctors and medical staff - the liability of a doctor, dentist or medical worker in connection with claims against third parties for bodily injuries (including permanent disability) or death due to culpable failure to perform their professional duties is insured. (including error, negligence or omission) during the term of the insurance;
- liability of an insurance broker - the liability of an insurance broker for damages caused during and in direct connection with the performance of his professional duties is insured. The Insurer is responsible to pay all amounts for damages caused by persons working under the management or at the expense of the Insured. The insurer is also liable for all costs of settling claims (including lost profits, representing a direct and immediate result of tort and default interest), awarded to the insured, up to the limits specified in the policy;
- liability of private bailiffs - the liability of private bailiffs and their authorized bailiffs for property damages caused to the parties, other participants in the enforcement proceedings and to all third parties as a result of culpable non-performance of their obligations is insured. The "Professional Liability of a Private Bailiff" insurance is in the category of compulsory insurances established by law;
- liability of the designer, builder, consultant and the person exercising construction supervision - the object of the insurance are claims for bodily injuries, death and material damage caused to other participants in the construction or to third parties as a result of illegal actions or inactions of the insured of his duties. The insurance is obligatory by virtue of art. 171, para. 1 of the Spatial Planning Act (SPA).