What is this type of insurance?
Accident insurance is compulsory insurance. Employees who perform work in the main and auxiliary activity of enterprises belonging to an economic activity with occupational injuries equal to or higher than the national average are subject to compulsory insurance. The subject of the insurance is the life, health and working capacity of the employees.
Who is the insurance for?
Accident insurance is concluded in accordance with the Ordinance on compulsory insurance of employees for the risk of occupational accident.
What does the insurance cover?
The insurance provides protection against events as a result of an accident at work, which may have an adverse effect on your life and health. Compulsory occupational accident insurance includes the following coverage:
- basic coverage (according to the Ordinance);
- temporary incapacity for work due to an accident at work (according to Art. 55 para. 1 of the CSR);
- disability as a result of an accident at work (according to Art. 55 para. 1 of the CSR);
- death as a result of an accident at work (according to Art. 55 para. 1 of the CSR).
The sum insured under the "Accident at Work" insurance is determined on the basis of the monthly gross salary of the insured employees at the time of concluding the insurance. The sum insured may not be less than 7 times the annual gross salary of the insured employee. The sum insured for the risk "Temporary incapacity for work due to an accident at work" is the amount of the monthly gross salary of the employees, determined at the moment of concluding the insurance.
At the request of the Insurer and against payment of an additional premium, the following additional risks may be included in the insurance policy:
- extension of the coverage for a work accident under art. 55 para 2 of CSR;
- temporary incapacity for work due to a domestic accident;
- medical expenses due to an accident at work;
- daily allowance for hospital stay as a result of an accident at work;
- amounts for surgical treatment of organs and systems as a result of an accident at work.
The insurance includes the mandatory coverage under the Ordinance, which can be upgraded with the listed additional coverage.